Monday, June 27, 2022

Love Audio Dramas? The World of Darkness? Then Check Out Uncle Yo!

I've spent most of the last year or so elbow-deep in the World of Darkness. From my Changeling supplements like Buyer Beware: 10 Goblin Markets and 100 Gateways Into and Out of The Hedge, to my Vampire pieces like New World Nights: 100 Ghouls For The American Camarilla or the surprisingly popular 100 Resources and Rumors to Find on SchreckNet, or even a brief trip back into Werewolf with my supplement Evil Incorporated: 10 Pentex Subsidiaries, it's been one hell of a time re-familiarizing myself with one sphere after another. In addition to writing new supplements, though, I've also been making little audio dramas out of the fiction I've included with them. These are all on the Azukail Games Youtube Channel (which you should go subscribe to), for those who are interested.

That's a lot of work, and while it makes me want to spend my efforts on something longer-form in the World of Darkness, I just don't have the free bandwidth to do that at time of writing. However, while I try to spin it up, I would recommend that folks check out the Chroniclers of Darkness audio dramas by Uncle Yo!


Before we get into it this week, don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning, consider becoming a Patreon patron!

Lastly, to be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree!

What is The Chroniclers of Darkness?


The short version is that the Chroniclers of Darkness is a series of audio dramas set in the Chronicles of Darkness universe. Starting with Geist, it moves into Vampire, Changeling, Hunter, and there's even pieces with Mage and Promethean.

And if you're a fan of the Created, you know how rare it is we get content.

I got tapped into this channel thanks to some folks on a Changeling: The Lost subreddit, and I was really excited by what I found there. Though I haven't gone through everything, I did reach out to the channel's creator. Sadly, as of this time, he's moved on to other endeavors. So while the channel is going to stay up, it is very unlikely we're going to get much more from the Chroniclers of Darkness.

However, that does raise a question. Is this the sort of project you'd like to see me step into? Perhaps expanding the wanderings of my one-eyed ogre Jacoby into a full season of a story? Maybe digging more deeply into the doings of the Nosferatu hinted at in my SchreckNet story? Or maybe you feel that Mage, Promethean, or Hunter would simply be more exciting to see a story from?

Leave me some feedback, here or in the comment sections of some of my videos over on the Azukail Games YouTube channel! The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and when you tell me what you want you're a lot more likely to actually get it.




A Shout Out For Some Grim Dark Content, As Well!


In the event that you binge all of Uncle Yo's content (I recommend no more than half a season at a time, perhaps a few episodes before bed to really draw it out), there are two other channels I wanted to give a shout out to. However, these are more for my lovers of the grim darkness of the far future, though I find there's a lot of thematic overlap between the World of Darkness, and the world of Warhammer 40K in terms of themes, style, and tragedy.

That said consider taking a look at A Vox in The Void. With classic stories by authors like Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe in between the 40K content, there's a lot to enjoy on his channel, and he really makes content worth listening to!


And if that isn't enough content for your ears, consider taking a look at Cold Open Stories as well! A self-described community theater for the grim darkness of the far future, they've only been going for a few years, but they're getting more and more stuff worth listening to as time goes on.



Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!


That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!

Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the YouTube channel Dungeon Keeper Radio. Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my cat noir thriller Marked Territory, its sequel Painted Cats, my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment