Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Owen K.C. Stephens Has Won His Cancer Battle, But The War Goes On!

For the past year and a half or so, one of our own has been engaged in a struggle with the Hateful Flesh. Though it tried its best to drag him down, as of the last news I received, Owen K.C. Stephens is currently cancer free!

This is, indeed, a moment to celebrate. However, as they often say, even when the battle is won the war is ongoing. And though Owen's recovering physically, he still has another foe to fight... the American healthcare system. Because beating cancer is a bastard and a half, but even more importantly, it's not cheap. Which is why he's still trying to make sure all the bills get paid so that he can go back to doing what he does best.

And that's why I wanted to let folks know about the new bundle going around to help the cause, along with other ways you can assist.

Will you answer?

As always, don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning, consider becoming a Patreon patron! Also, be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree.

Lastly, for hundreds of extra articles on gaming, weird history, and for more free fiction, check out my Vocal archive, too!

A New Bundle, Solid Supplements, And Other Funding Options!


The newest funding option that's been given for folks looking to help Owen pay his bills is The Beacons Are Lit! bundle. This bundle, which is jammed with supplements for Pathfinder, DND 5E, Icons, and a bunch of other systems, gives you a ton of fresh stuff to use at your tables. It's only been up for a little while, but this deal isn't going to last forever, so I'd recommend getting yourself a copy before it's gone!

It's not the only one, of course.

In addition to The Beacons Are Lit!, I'd recommend folks also check out Like A Boss, which has a slew of boss battles and creatures for both editions of Pathfinder, along with a lot of other systems they've been converted to. And for those who are looking to get some direct thoughts from a veteran of the craft, I'd highly recommend grabbing copies of Essays on Freelance Tabletop RPG Writing and Publishing, as well as its sister piece Essays On Surviving An Indpendent Tabletop RPG Career. While these have been up for a while, they're important for anyone out there who intends to make a living in this profession.

If you find yourself looking for career advice, though, I'd also recommend checking out my series Tabletop Mercenary (which is free on the Azukail Games YouTube channel).


If you're not in the market for new TTRPG supplements (which is a heresy we'll let slide, as that's not the focus for the day), there are other things you can do to help Owen come out on top in this second fight! So take a moment to:

Follow Owen on Twitter (yeah, it's falling apart, but a replacement has yet to take its place)

We've had a victory in this fight, but we haven't claimed the hill yet! So if you can help, please do. And spread the word even if you've just got a couple of dimes in your own account, and you can't afford to pitch them in right now. Every little bit helps, whatever form it takes!

Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!


That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!

Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the Azukail Games YouTube channel, or my Rumble channel The Literary Mercenary! Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my dystopian sci-fi thriller Old Soldiers, my hardboiled gangland noir series starring a bruiser of a Maine Coon with Marked Territory and Painted Cats, my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment