Tuesday, September 22, 2026

A New Worldbuilding Supplement Just Dropped... What Should I Add Next?

One of the primary joys for a lot of folks who sit in the big chair is crafting their own world, and building a sandbox for their players to explore. However, even the best Game Masters sometimes need a bit of a push in the right direction to grease the wheels, which is why a while back I released the supplement 100 Worldbuilding Questions To Ask For A Fantasy City, since I've spent so much time the past several years putting together cities and figuring out all the little tricks to make them feel truly organic.

Well, that supplement received enough positive attention from readers that I thought it deserved a sequel... so I decided to follow-up on one of the other ideas I originally posed with 100 Worldbuilding Questions To Ask About Fantasy Faiths!

Which you should absolutely pick up if you haven't, yet!

But before I get into the meat of today's post, remember, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning, consider becoming a Patreon patron! Also, be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree.

Lastly, for hundreds of extra articles on gaming, weird history, and for more free fiction, check out my Vocal archive, too!

What Worldbuilding Topic Should I Cover Next?


For folks who read my older post, My First Worldbuilding Supplement Just Dropped... Should I Make This A Series?, this might feel a bit like Second Verse Same As The First. After all, in that post I was asking you all, as my readers, what kind of topics you'd like to see me cover in future supplements in this vein. However, I wanted to add a bit of a twist with this update... especially since I haven't decided where I'm going to go just yet, so the floor really is open!

The questions I have for you as my readers are short and simple:

- What topic would you like to see? (legends, nations, outposts, noble families, etc.)
- What genre would you like to see? (more fantasy, some sci fi, perhaps even a horror supplement?)

That's it!

The first two entries in this series have been fantasy, but that's mostly because fantasy is the genre that a lot of RPG ideas get tested in for me before I port them to other genres. And I know there are a lot of sci fi and horror lovers out there who follow my work, but I also know there might be folks who want to see me tackle something else... worldbuilding questions to ask about a noir mystery, for example? Just to change things up?

Mostly, I'm just looking for your input. So if you have thoughts, leave them in the comments below with your answers to the above questions. Or, even better, buy a copy of 100 Worldbuilding Questions To Ask For A Fantasy City or 100 Worldbuilding Questions To Ask About Fantasy Faiths, and leave a comment in the review of that supplement! Because if you do that my publisher will see it, and I'm certain to hear about it!

Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!


That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!

Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the Azukail Games YouTube channel, or the ongoing audio drama channel The A.L.I.C.E. Files! Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on Blue SkyFacebookTumblrTwitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment