Sunday, August 4, 2024

Ask Me Anything About "Windy City Shadows" A Chronicles of Darkness Podcast

Roughly a year ago I proposed a project for all the folks who were enjoying my Chronicles of Darkness RPG supplements and audio offerings. The idea was to write a narrative podcast that would tell a story set in the darkest corners of Chicago, dragging listeners into the shadows and giving them a glimpse of the horrors that lurk just beneath the surface of the world they know. And if listeners enjoyed the first season, I would then spiral out into subsequent seasons that showed just how interconnected events in this setting truly are when the monsters all live cheek-by-jowl in a place as hard and mean as the Windy City.

On this, the anniversary of the original proposal for Windy City Shadows, I wanted to open up the floor to my readers and listeners to see what questions you had about the show, as well as what it will take for this project to finally happen!

Because we're getting quite close to the edge...

Before we get into the nitty gritty this week, don't forget to sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning, consider becoming a Patreon patron! Also, be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree.

Lastly, for hundreds of extra articles on gaming, weird history, and for more free fiction, check out my Vocal archive, too!

What Is Windy City Shadows?


For folks who haven't heard of this project before, the short version is that it's a narrative, audio drama podcast set in a version of Chicago in the Chronicles of Darkness RPG setting. The podcast will be a Dark Pack project, and it will start in the realm of Changeling: The Lost, but subsequent seasons will likely take a side step into Geist: The Sin Eaters, Mage: The Awakening, and others if folks enjoy it!

For those who want to catch up on the previous times I've talked about this project, please check out:





What Would You Like To Know?


When I first proposed this project, it was something of a pipe dream because I just did not have the time and energy to dedicated to it in order to make it really happen. However, I've been making all kinds of audio dramas over the past few years, and I think I finally have the necessary resources to really make the stories shine... and I've got enough other folks who've volunteered their voices to breathe a little extra life into it, as well!

My question for all of you is... well, what questions would you like answered about this podcast?


My current plan is to dedicate the 30th episode of Discussions of Darkness to an Ask Me Anything video about Windy City Shadows where I will get answers for all the most popular questions. At present I'm going to cover:

- What is a Dark Pack project (and what does that mean for this podcast)?
- What funding solutions are currently being considered?
- When will it come out?
- How will we be able to find it?

While I can probably get a halfway decent episode out of those questions alone, I want to make sure that anyone who wants to see this project come to fruition gets the answers to their questions. So if you've got a curiosity that isn't answered in any of my previous articles or videos about this project, please ask them in the comments below, on any social media page where you saw this article shared, or even on the Azukail Games YouTube channel so that both I and my publisher can see them!

This is something I've been really excited about for about a year now, and I feel like we're finally getting close to being able to make it a reality... so ask any questions you've got now, and please share this post around to help get new folks in on the ground floor of this project.

What's Next on Table Talk?


That's it for this installment of Table Talk! What would you like to see next? I'm listening for your comments and votes!

For more of my work, check out my Vocal archives, as well as the YouTube channel for Azukail Games. Or, to check out books like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife, my hard-boiled noir series featuring the street beasts of NYC in Marked Territory and Painted Cats, my dystopian sci-fi thriller Old Soldiers, or my recent short story collection The Rejects, head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on FacebookTumblr, and Twitter, as well as on Pinterest where I'm building all sorts of boards dedicated to my books, RPG supplements, and greatest hits. Lastly, to help support me and my work, consider Buying Me A Ko-Fi, or heading over to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron! Even a little donation can have a big impact.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like there be multiple actors for different characters. Do you need any additional voices? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at this precise moment, but the scripts haven't been written yet, so I'll wait and see how big the cast gets!

      Delete