It's been a tough year for finding space to write new Storyteller's Vault supplements... however, I have managed to get a couple of submissions in here and there. However, back in February of this year I made my first foray into Hunter with my supplement The Blade Itself: Corrupt Equipment For Hunter: The Vigil. The idea behind corrupt equipment is that it develops a reputation, and grows into a legend of its own, which taps into the same dark force that empowers slashers, while also giving both independent hunters as well as those who have banded together with the more powerful conspiracies another tool to take on the creatures of the night.
And speaking of powerful conspiracies, I recently managed to find time and space to work on another supplement for this corner of the Chronicles of Darkness... which is why I wanted to let everyone out there know to check out Agents and Assets: 100 Personnel and Contacts For Task Force VALKYRIE!
![]() |
| Which I'd recommend getting your hands on, if you need some NPCs to toss into your chronicle. |
But before I get into the meat of today's post, remember, don't forget to sign up for my newsletter to
get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of
spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning,
consider becoming a Patreon patron! Also, be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree.
Lastly, for hundreds of extra articles on gaming, weird history, and for more free fiction, check out my Vocal archive, too!
Here Come The Men In Black
When I decided to take a second swing at Hunter, I wanted to put together an NPC list that would be useful for STs who were running Vigil chronicles, but also for those who were running games in any other part of the Chronicles of Darkness as well. Because while a lot of Storytellers don't relish the idea of bringing in multiple books and running several rule sets simultaneously, hunters are always a threat that's lurking in the background of any game. Vampires, werewolves, prometheans, sin eaters, changelings, and all the rest try to keep such a low profile because they all know down in their bones that mortals can be dangerous... especially when they have the ability to bring know-how and firepower to the fight.
And that is why the agents of Task Force VALKYRIE are always on standby for an ST who wants to make it clear there are consequences for crossing the line, and getting noticed.
![]() |
| The last line of defense for humanity. |
To sum up, this supplement is good for STs who are running a Hunter game because Task Force VALKYRIE tends to be such a large presence in the setting. Even if the characters are a lower tier of hunters who are part of a compact, or they're just running the streets on their own, the presence of these shadowy government operatives and their networks is an ideal way to get the hunters information, to steer them toward particular objectives, or even to get them access to unique resources if they play ball with the suit who insists his name is Agent Smith. And on the other hand, Task Force VALKYRIE has enough firepower, skill, and presence to be a genuine threat to any supernatural community, giving players ample reason to maintain the masquerade and keep their heads down lest they become a reason for black choppers, strike teams, or even "accidents" that will be swept under the rug by the black books organization.
Where Should I Go Next?
I've said repeatedly on this blog, and over on the Azukail Games YouTube channel, I don't have a crystal ball, so I have no idea what supplements are going to go over well when I put my lists of ideas together. That's why I would like your input as folks who read my blog (and who hopefully enjoy my contributions to Storyteller's Vault). So if you would be so kind, please leave a comment down below including the following:
- What game line would you like to see me contribute to?
- What subject would you feel most useful?
As a bonus for folks who are interested, some of the specific ideas I've had include a collection of True Fae titles and a collection of loyalist NPCs for Changeling, and for Hunter I've been considering putting together a collection of slashers as well as some other support lists for conspiracies outside of Task Force VALKYRIE. I've even considered putting together some new courts for changeling, or making my own conspiracy or compact for Hunter to add to the list we already have to choose from. So if any of those things sound tasty, make sure you add that in your comment so I can tally up the votes!
And if you'd like to make EXTRA sure I see your vote, consider leaving it in the comments section of the video below:
Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!
That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!
Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the Azukail Games YouTube channel, or the ongoing audio drama channel The A.L.I.C.E. Files! Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!
To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on Blue Sky, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!


No comments:
Post a Comment