Monday, January 18, 2016

Are You Reading Chris A. Jackson? Why The Hell Not!?

So, you find yourself in that awkward place where you don't know what to read next. You want something pulse-pounding, but masterfully constructed. You want stories that are easy to get into, but which aren't simple. You want a little bit of the familiar, a little bit of the strange, and you've already read everything on my Amazon author page. Who's going to give you something like that?

This guy, since you asked.
The fellow whose picture you're admiring is author Chris A. Jackson, and if that name sounds familiar for some reason, it's likely because he wrote both Pirate's Honor and Pirate's Promise for Paizo's Pathfinder Tales.

Ringing a bell now?

More Than Just Golarion


While Mr. Jackson has contributed two, solid tales of adventure and grit to Paizo's ongoing series of fiction set in the world of Golarion, that's just one facet of the jewel that is his career. According to his website, he's written half a dozen fantasy novels of his own, a few sci-fi novels, and he's been a part of some seriously hard-hitting short story anthologies, all of which are available on his Amazon author page. Not only has he been a full-time author since 2009, but he's also an award-winning author, as well as a Kindle bestseller.

Trust me when I tell you that those aren't distinctions they just hand out along with your book cover.

I haven't read all of his books myself, but what I have read I will be more than happy to recommend to anyone looking for a new storyteller to follow. That's praise which doesn't come cheap these days, particularly given how restricted my reading time has become over the past year and change.

At least until the DA puts two and two together. Then I'll have 20 to life to catch up on books.
Don't take my word for it, though. Follow him on Facebook, or check him out on Twitter to see what he has to say. If you're a fan of solid adventure, thought-provoking fiction, and worlds that are whole and distinct, while being easy to slip into, you'll thank me for the recommendation. Whenever, that is, you finish the stack of books you'll likely end up with.

Thanks for stopping by for this Monday's update! If you'd like to help support me and my blog, then consider stopping by my Patreon page to become a patron. I work cheap, and as little as $1 a month can be a really big help. If you want to make sure you stay caught up on all my updates, then be sure to follow me on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter, too, while you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment