Monday, April 16, 2018

Looking For A New Gaming Blog? Then You Should Check Out Brisko's Table!

A while back, I was out to dinner with a friend of mine. We were eating some wings and talking about the current project I was working on, when the shift manager wandered over to chat with us. I knew him casually from when we both went to school, but we'd never been really close. I told him I was working on an RPG project for a client, and he got a wistful look in his eyes. He sighed, and said he wished he had a reason to bring his dice out of storage.

Needless to say, I gave him a reason.
I extended an invitation to him then and there, and within the week he brought a former slave ship's cook to my game, who just happened to be a 9th-level ranger. He finished out the campaign with my regular group, and was enthusiastically invited to the next game as well. He's been with us ever since, and I'm glad we had that one, chance conversation.

But I told you that story to tell you this story. Because the more we talked, the more I found that he really wanted to get involved in the world of professional gaming (which is to say the world of gaming bloggers, content creators, and writers). He just didn't know how. He was also a little uncertain... after all, who was he that his opinion should be out there on the Internet for the world to see?

A damn good gamer, in my estimation, and someone who has some pretty interesting thoughts on what makes games work and not work. Which is why, after some urging, he finally opened a blog of his own... Brisko's Table!

Welcome To Brisko's Table!


What's Brisko's Table? Well, it's a gaming blog showcasing the thoughts, experiences, and insights of Darrell Trager. It's still fresh, but don't let how new it is fool you. Darrell has some solid insights on the nature of gaming, and he's already shared a dozen posts laying out his thoughts and feelings on tabletop, console, and other forms of gaming.

His blog is still young, but you could do worse than checking out what he's got going on. And if you've got things you'd like to see, don't be afraid to leave a few comments! He's had a strong start, and it's only going to get better from here on out.

Also, if you're looking for other blogs you should be following, check out the Creative Repository Blog by Simon Peter Munoz, and That Boomer Kid to take a look at Clinton Boomer's work.

That's all for this installment of Moon Pope Monday. If you want to check out some more of my work, then take a look at my Vocal archive, and head over to the YouTube channel Dungeon Keeper Radio where I work with other local gamers on skits, advice, and general gaming videos. To keep up on my latest releases, follow me on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. Lastly, if you'd like to help support me and my work, head over to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page, or go Buy Me A Ko-Fi. Either way, there's some sweet gaming swag in it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment