Monday, February 27, 2017

Sir Pencival, The Knight of The Silver Signature

For those who've been following me, you know I've been a freelancer for a long time. Any dirty job, if you've got the green, I'll sharpen up my nib and get it done. You need a news piece on the local summer hot spot? I've got it. You need a comic script by the end of the month? Consider it done. You need a list of feats for that new class you came out with? Not a problem, just have your checkbook handy for when I deliver.

Like any experienced mercenary, though, I can't do the job on my own. While I've had plenty of backing from the Mountain clans in all their colors (Code Red, Voltage, and classic atomic green, among others), it was time for me to accept a follower. Someone loyal, steadfast, and experienced. Someone who would always be there, and who would not balk even in the face of looming deadlines. Someone who, when we stared into the darkest depths of the human imagination, and the swamp of the purple prose in need of a red pen, would hold out his hands and say, "Your weapon, Sir."

I would like to introduce you all to Sir Pencival, the Knight of the Silver Signature!

It's a dangerous job, my liege. Take this with you.
Pencival has already proven his unflinching loyalty, and he has been at my right hand ever since I acquired him. Not only that, but he has traveled with me to Capricon, where his presence pulled plenty of attention to my signing table. I'd say he was even directly responsible for me selling out of copies of New Avalon: Love and Loss in The City of Steam.

Of course, Pencival's prowess extends beyond my work desk and the signing table. Just this past evening I checked his measurements, and found that he is a nearly perfect fit on a grid map.

You hear a click, as of a massive spring. The statue regards you all. Roll initiative!
Though he has only been my squire for a short period of time, I feel that Sir Pencival and I will fight many battles before we part ways. If you would be interested in locating his brothers in arms, I'd recommend heading over to Amazon, and seeing if you can find one of your own.

Don't delay, though. These squires are fewer than you'd think, and there are more authors than there are pen-bearers.

That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday post! I hope you all enjoyed, and if you find yourself at a convention with yours truly, keep an eye out for Sir Pencival! If you'd like to help support us in our efforts to bring you the very best content, stop by The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page today. If you become a patron, and pledge at least $1 a month, then you'll get some sweet swag along with my undying gratitude. And if you haven't followed me on Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter yet, well, why not start now?

No comments:

Post a Comment