Monday, October 4, 2021

Need RPG Recommendations? Check Out "Missa Reviews"!

As a lot of folks know, I like to use some of my Monday slots to big up other people's signals to help them find a larger audience. It's bee a little while since I've done that, which is why I wanted to cast a spotlight on a friend of mine who just started a new YouTube channel with a goal I can really get behind... holding up RPG content and creators who might not otherwise get noticed by the audience at large!

And since the focus of her first episode was my horror modules The Curse of Sapphire Lake and Ghosts of Sorrow Marsh (appropriate for the Halloween season), I figured that I'd do my best to spread the word to as many of my readers as I could reach!



What Can You Expect From This Channel in The Future?


One of the main reasons Missa started this channel was because she has a lot of folks in her circle who create RPGs for a living, and had to watch all of us do our best to promote our work on social media... often to no avail. And the main frustration that so many of us have to deal with is that there are so many people out there (particularly group and forum moderators) who just don't want to see self-promotion posts... but when you're a small creator, that's kind of your only option.

It was watching so many people in her circles struggle that made her want to use her voice to lift other people up. Because as someone who loves RPGs of all sorts, Missa wanted to try to do her part to get the word out about games and supplements that don't have huge advertising budgets and massive followings behind them, but which more gamers should really check out.

Frankly, as someone who depends on his RPG output to keep his rent paid, there aren't a lot of channels like this out there (or, at least, there's far fewer of them than you'd think, given the popularity of the hobby). So help a newcomer to the YouTube scene grow her following, check out her channel Missa Reviews, and help her first video get some love! I have it on good authority that the next one will be taking a look at a fellow creator of mine who has been putting out some really interesting guides to witches, deadly plants, and more, and I'm eager to hear Missa's take on them!

Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!


That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!

Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the YouTube channel Dungeon Keeper Radio. Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my cat noir thriller Marked Territory, its sequel Painted Cats, my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment