Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Geists, Mages, and More, Oh My! (My Latest Steps Into The 'Chronicles of Darkness' Setting)

Around Halloween of 2022 I asked my readers what sort of content they'd like to see from me for the World/Chronicles of Darkness setting (and if you missed it, the entry was What Corner of The World of Darkness Would You Like To See Me Touch on Next?). One particularly vocal direct request was to see some supplements for Geist: The Sin Eaters, and the comments sections on most social media pages were asking for some content for Mage, whichever edition I happened to prefer.

Well, it's been a few months since then, and both 50 Geists and 100 Shadow Names have hit the market!

However, as I'm catching my breath (and finishing off another supplement for Changeling: The Lost), I wanted to ask folks once again if they had any requests... not just for which game in this setting, but also what type of content they'd like to see!

There's more ideas where these two came from, after all.

Before we get into the nitty gritty this week, don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning, consider becoming a Patreon patron!

Lastly, to be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree!

Ask, And Ye Shall Receive


Regular readers already know this, but for folks who are new on this blog, I like to try to get a sense of what my regulars want. Part of that is just good business (you don't want to spend weeks of effort making a thing nobody is interested in, after all), but the other part of it is that I want people to feel like I'm listening to them. So rather than just seeing what floats to the surface of my imagination, I wanted to ask my readers what kind of products they'd like to see for World/Chronicles of Darkness games in the future.

For instance, would you like to see me continue my Geist and Mage offerings? Or would you like me to go back to Changeling, Vampire, or even Werewolf? Should I continue with the list-based format you see with supplements like 100 Resources and Rumors to Find on SchreckNet and Evil Inc.: 10 Pentex Subsidiaries, or would you like to see me try something different? Perhaps ST guides for pre-made freeholds or territories, or guides for running certain subgenres of horror, like Midwest Gothic or Neo Noir? Or perhaps you'd like to see more fiction, like the collection Tales From The Moot, or the ongoing flash fiction series I've been turning into audio dramas?


All of these are options. And if there's something I didn't think of, feel free to make your pitch and see if it grows wings!

What I Need You To Do


If you want to make your voices heard, there are a lot of things you can do to send a message to both me, and to my publishers. Because, contrary to popular belief, I'm not the one who actually publishes these supplements on Drive Thru RPG and Storyteller's Vault; I work with Azukail Games, High Level Games, and other folks to make these things a reality. So in a lot of cases it's not just about what I want to do, but also about what the other folks involved in the process think is a good idea based on the numbers we're clocking.

Firstly, Things You Can Do For Free:


- Comment: Whether it's on this blog entry, or on social media, the more folks who speak up about what they want, the more likely it is to get made.

- Share: The more folks who see this, the more likely we are to get a lot of people participating in the conversation.

- Subscribe to The Azukail Games Youtube Channel: Admittedly, this is best for helping ensure I make more videos, but if you enjoy either my audio dramas or the Discussions of Darkness series I've been doing on the channel, helping me reach the 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watched content monetization requires would be a big help! I'd like to start doing longer, more involved stories, but I need to prove the audience is present if I'm going to get something like a full-sized podcast greenlit.

Secondly, If You Want To Send a Message With Your Money:


- Get Copies of Supplements You Want To See More Of: All 35 of my WoD/CoD supplements can be found on my World/Chronicles of Darkness pinboard. Whether you want to see more Mage, Geist, Vampire, Changeling, or Werewolf, consider grabbing some copies for yourself. The more copies something moves, the more likely it is that I'll be able to get the publisher to greenlight fresh projects in that setting, and of that type.

- Leave Reviews: If you've already gotten copies of some of my supplements, consider leaving a share on DTRPG and Storyteller's Vault. Star ratings are good, but even short reviews about what you liked about a supplement can make a big difference!

Of Course, If You Want To Help Me Out, I'd Appreciate That, Too


And for folks who just want to do their part to help me make more content, please subscribe/follow me in these locations:

The Azukail Games YouTube Channel (where I contribute video content)
My Daily Motion Channel (longer videos that won't show up on YouTube)

And if you happen to have some spare dosh lying around, and you want to be sure my supply doesn't run low, consider become a Patreon patron, or leaving a tip by Buying Me a Ko-Fi!

Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!


That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!

Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the Azukail Games YouTube channel, or my Daily Motion channel!. Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see content for Werewolf the Forsaken 2e. The line is criminally underserved at the moment, both in official and Storyteller's Vault content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to see if I can get my publisher to front me the books. I have access to Forsaken's first edition, but so far nothing for 2E.

      Delete