Monday, June 26, 2023

"Army Men: A Game of Tactical Plastic" is Now on BackerKit!

This week I wanted to provide readers with something of an update on an ongoing campaign of mine. As a lot of folks probably know (because I wouldn't shut up about it for a month or so), my first RPG "Army Men: A Game of Tactical Plastic" was on Kickstarter for the month of May. And while we did reach our minimum goals, we didn't exactly blast our way into the stratosphere like some games have in the past.

So, even though myself and the team behind the game are still hard at work on adding all the spit and polish to the book itself, Army Men is currently on BackerKit for preorder as well! So if you missed out on the Kickstarter campaign (or just didn't have the funds at the time), you still have a chance to help us make a bigger splash with this unique RPG!


Ready... Aim... Fire!

Don't forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get all my updates right in your inbox. Also, if you've got a bit of spare cash that you'd like to use to help keep the wheels turning, consider becoming a Patreon patron! To be sure you're following all of my followables, check out my LinkTree!

Also, since it keeps getting lost in the shuffle, check out my Vocal archive for more articles about RPGs, character conversions, character concepts, weird history, nerdy topics, and more!

What All is Going On?


Readers who are familiar with crowdfunding campaigns likely have all the information they need up there in the introduction, but for those who (like me) weren't familiar with this process, I figured I'd lay things out so there's a clear timeline for what's happening, and so everyone has context for what I'm talking about here.

As I alluded to earlier, Army Men went up on Kickstarter in May so that we could get all the funds we need to complete the game, and bring it to market. It was a hard-fought campaign, and though we fell short of our stretch goals, we did get it funded. That means that, end of the day, this RPG is going to exist... and I think it's going to be a pretty shiny piece of work, if I do say so myself.


If Kickstarter was the opening salvo, then BackerKit is the follow-up charge into the trenches. This gives folks a chance to pre-order the book, and to take advantage of several other options to help fund the project further so we can ensure there's plenty of room in the budget for extras, as well as showing there's additional interest in the game over and above the folks who already pledged in KS. This helps pad the war chest a bit, and it makes it more likely that supplemental material (such as mission packs, GM tools, extra casts, and full game books) will come out more quickly.

So if you missed the initial campaign for Army Men, but you're still interested in getting a copy and participating in the game, don't hesitate now. Pre-order your copy, and help us keep that forward momentum going!

And if you didn't catch the previous articles about this game, and what things I'd like to do with it going forward, please check out the following blog entries and the AMA I did for additional context:



Like, Follow, and Stay in Touch!


That's all for this week's Moon Pope Monday. To stay on top of all my content and releases, make sure you subscribe to my newsletter at the bottom of the page!

Again, for more of my work, check out my Vocal archive, and stop by the Azukail Games YouTube channel, or my Rumble channel The Literary Mercenary!. Or if you'd prefer to read some of my books, like my sword and sorcery novel Crier's Knife or my latest short story collection The Rejects, then head over to My Amazon Author Page!

To stay on top of all my latest releases, follow me on FacebookTumblrTwitter, and now Pinterest as well! To support my work, consider Buying Me a Ko-Fi, or heading to The Literary Mercenary's Patreon page to become a regular, monthly patron. That one helps ensure you get more Improved Initiative, and it means you'll get my regular, monthly giveaways as a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment